An interesting take on alternative economies

As you might have noticed on TheGreenmanProject’s FaceBook page, there is a post linking to an article by Permaculture Magazine titled The Moneyless Manifesto. This touches on a subject that’s been on my mind for a while now, money. Now I’m not talking about the usual thoughts… I mean it’s origins, reasons for existing and…

Half way through the West Coast trip

One of the most amazing seed stores I've seen, ever...

This west coast trip is proving to be a very fun and informative one. Petaluma is quite the vibrant community. It is the home of the Daily Acts headquarters, the Transition US headquarters and the Seed Bank which is located in the old Sonoma County Bank building constructed in the 1920’s.   A bit further north, there is the…

Emerald Earth Natural Building Intensive

Emerald Earth cob wall on new common house

Ever since I found out about natural building, I realized it was something I just had to get into. Having been in and out of the ceramics world for over two decades now, it seemed a natural progression to sculpt homes. If you have never been in a passive solar designed natural home, I highly…

YES!

The other day I was chatting with my friend Aaron, and he mentioned a cool magazine he’s been looking at. YES! is the publication I speak of. They are right up my alley, maybe even yours. Also they have a buy one get one free deal for their yearly subscription. No this is not spam, and…